When most people think of braces, the first thing that comes to mind are chunky, unattractive metal brackets and wires. Luckily, for most patients, a mouthful of wire is not the only option anymore thanks to clear braces in Harley Street.
Clear braces at Harley Street Dental Clinic are a newer form of teeth straightening and come in different types. They are either fixed or removable, but have one thing in common – they are very discreet, therefore they are ideal for busy adults and image-conscious adolescents.
What can clear braces in Harley Street correct?
Clear braces in Harley Street are either fixed or removable and can correct a wide range of misalignment issues – from teeth spacing to underbites. Clear aligners such as Invisalign can fix mild to moderate bite and misalignment issues, whereas lingual braces can deal with more complex issues. To see whether you are a good candidate for clear braces in Harley Street, book your consultation appointment today and we will examine your teeth and bite carefully before suggesting a treatment. In some cases, more than one treatment may apply and we will help you decide what’s best for you.
Differences between clear braces and metal braces
There are quite a few differences between clear and metal braces, although their overall goal and orientation are the same. Metal braces are used to fix complex dental problems including misaligned, rotated, twisted and gapped teeth. Some of these differences you may notice between clear braces and metal braces include:
- metal braces are attached to the teeth, whereas clear braces can be removable
- metal brackets and wire are more difficult to clean, whereas Invisalign aligners and removable teeth straightening devices do not require a special oral hygiene regime
- metal braces can hurt the interior of your mouth
- clear braces are customised to fit over your teeth, making you feel comfortable at all times
- removable, clear braces can be removed at any time if you want to eat or drink something.
Want to learn more about our clear braces in Harley Street? Contact us and schedule a consultation appointment with our helpful team.